Auto-updating Feature Layers from cloud link?

02-26-2018 05:13 AM
JohanScheller
New Contributor

Hi!

With ArcGIS online, I can create a Hosted Feature Layer based on a table file in my cloud account. I can also overwrite that Feature Layer manually, which allows me to update my maps with the most recent data. Instead, I would like to overwrite that layer every 30 minutes, so I can have "live" data in my connected apps, but this requires an automatic process of some sort. Are there any simple and free ways to do this?

Thank you,

Johan

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Johan,

Check out the following blog on how to do this using the ArcGIS API for Python:

Updating your hosted feature services with ArcGIS Pro and the ArcGIS API for Python | ArcGIS Blog 

FranciscoRodriguez2
New Contributor II

Hey Johan, 

What route did you end up going with to refresh your cloud based table?  With the rise of Microsoft Flow and the ability to run flows on the cloud, I had a similar need to you relative to creating an automated way of refreshing this table data.    Has anyone had any luck replicating this workflow using REST endpoint interactions using POST?   I am trying to use a table that receives data updates to run the upsert function on another layer. 

0 Kudos
Anneka_France
Occasional Contributor III

@FranciscoRodriguez2 Did you ever find a workflow to update your cloud based table? I'd like to automatically update a .csv file in ArcGIS Online from Google Sheets or MS Excel Online so that I can use it as a lookup in Survey123. 

Anneka France
Technical Manager at The Rivers Trust
0 Kudos
Juan_Toro-Killion
New Contributor III

Any movement on this front @Anneka_France ? I'm trying to do the exact same thing (using MS Excel Online in OneDrive). 

0 Kudos
Anneka_France
Occasional Contributor III

Not yet I'm afraid. We ended up setting up a python script that runs daily to update the .csv in ArcGIS Online. Not an ideal solution.

Anneka France
Technical Manager at The Rivers Trust
0 Kudos