Select to view content in your preferred language

Attribute Fields not showing for new layers published to AGO

a month ago
RyanBohan
Regular Contributor

I have created a layer and Shared as web layer to ArcGIS Online.  For some reason all the Attribute Fields hidden by default.

I can manually add them back in each time. 

• How do I get my attributes to show by default?
  • I double checked in Pro and have not changed any of my publishing settings.  I am Publishing from Pro 2.9.5

RyanBohan_0-1721860198186.png

3 Replies
jmaxwell_braun
New Contributor III

You could try adding the local layer to a fresh aprx and republishing from there (making sure none of the fields are hidden in the attribute table of the local layer first).

I would also suggest upgrading to the latest version of Pro if possible. I've had various weird issues that are sometimes fixed by upgrading.

Edit: the fields that are displayed in the popup on the local layer in Pro may affect which fields are visible by default in the published layer's data table, so you may want to check that too.

0 Kudos
RyanBohan
Regular Contributor

Hi @jmaxwell_braun, great idea.  I will test publishing from a new project file.

With the old Visualization tab we could easily add/remove attributes to be displayed under Data. 

• (shown from portal 10.9.1)
  • How do we add attributes in AGO currently?

RyanBohan_0-1721947073405.png

0 Kudos
jmaxwell_braun
New Contributor III

You can still adjust the attributes for popups, like in your screenshot, from the Visualization tab. After you're in the tab, select the layer from the layer list on the left side, then click the popups icon on the right side. You can adjust attribute display in the Fields List. Maybe that would affect what you're seeing under the Data tab too.

jmaxwell_braun_1-1722002120891.png

0 Kudos