Select to view content in your preferred language

Attachment Names in 2023 versus 2022, What does the new naming convention mean? Why?

Jump to solution
04-20-2023 11:05 AM
Labels (2)
kmsmikrud
Regular Contributor

Hello,

In 2022, I had a python notebook that would connect to hosted AGOL services and look for attachments and then download to local folders so we could easily view all attachments. In the process I had it rename the attachments based on the feature object ID, date, and photo number (which by default was Photo 1, Photo 2,...in 2022).

Today I was running the same notebook to download attachments and now see attachments have different naming convention (org_2a9e4e6ad....._16800314xxxxxx.jpg) See below examples: 

The first screenshot are attachment file names in 2022 and the second screenshot is attachment file names in 2023. I do not know officially when these changed, but what is the naming structure refer to? It makes it way harder to loop thru attachments and download with a sensible name at least at first glance.

Appreciate any insight on this!

AGOL_2022_hostedFeatureLayerAttachmentNames.jpgAGOL_2023_hostedFeatureLayerAttachmentNames.jpg

Thanks!,

Kathy

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kmsmikrud
Regular Contributor

Update!:

This is an oversight on my part, in this particular group of hosted feature layers the surveyors were uploading attachments they had taken on other devices as attachments. When looking at a few other Esri hosted feature layers, attachments taken in Field Maps using the device are all Photo1, Photo2 still.....

I wish I would have realized this sooner! Sorry for the false alarm.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
kmsmikrud
Regular Contributor

Update!:

This is an oversight on my part, in this particular group of hosted feature layers the surveyors were uploading attachments they had taken on other devices as attachments. When looking at a few other Esri hosted feature layers, attachments taken in Field Maps using the device are all Photo1, Photo2 still.....

I wish I would have realized this sooner! Sorry for the false alarm.

0 Kudos