ArcGIS Open Data - Widget Setup

Jump to solution
04-28-2014 07:34 AM
MichaelOlkin
New Contributor III
I'm testing the Open Data Beta, which seems to have some very promising features. It is entirely possible that I am missing something, but it appears that the Widget Editor for a Dataset Map is not working as intended.  Attached is a screenshot of what I see, which is an endlessly spinning icon & a scrollbar that moves up and down.  The primary group that I have designed as available for Open Data usage is http://amherstma.maps.arcgis.com/home/group.html?owner=olkin&title=Amherst%20MA%20GIS%20Map%20%26%20...
Tags (2)
25 Replies
DanielBrown
New Contributor II
Andrew,
I am experiencing the same behavior in the widget as described by Michael.
Just a FYI in case you need more info.

d.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Daniel,

Are you seeing this in Chrome as well?

Thanks,
Andrew
0 Kudos
DanielBrown
New Contributor II
Yes, I am seeing this same behavior, just as Michael is.

I normally use Chrome, and my browser is up to date.
Same results in IE and Firefox.

d.
0 Kudos
MichaelJuniper
New Contributor III
There are actually two separate issues here that are leading to the confusion about what browsers you see this bug in.

1. If the site has not been made public (Public Access == On), the dataset widget and the map widget will not work properly in any browser on the admin page.

2. If you are using Firefox or Internet Explorer, the dataset widget and the map widget will not work properly.

These are due to issues with our API that we are addressing.
0 Kudos
CeemaFeizollahi2
New Contributor II
Has this issue been fixed yet? I am not able to configure my dataset either as the scrollbar on the right keeps bouncing in IE 10 and the globe keeps spinning.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]33645[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
The issue is a bit deeper, so it hasn't been addressed in our past few updates but we are working on it. When we do fix it, we'll make sure to post.

Andrew
0 Kudos
CDPHGIS
New Contributor II
I am having the same issue, which makes it impossible to truly test drive the platform.  I am using Chrome, have my site set to public,have a bunch of feature services and maps set to be part of my Open Data group and have saved every which way, but still nothing will show up.  I will look again tomorrow with other browsers, and some new test data.
0 Kudos
CDPHGIS
New Contributor II
Still the same problem today, used current versions of Chrome, Firefox and IE 11.  I have tried all the suggestions I saw on the forum, but maybe have missed something.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
The data listing and map widgets still remain an issue that we need to address.

Andrew
0 Kudos
CDPHGIS
New Contributor II
Thanks, Andrew.  Is there another way to view content in the site then, that I am not seeing?  (I may not have discovered all the documentation yet.)
0 Kudos