ArcGIS Open Data - Widget Setup

Jump to solution
04-28-2014 07:34 AM
MichaelOlkin
New Contributor III
I'm testing the Open Data Beta, which seems to have some very promising features. It is entirely possible that I am missing something, but it appears that the Widget Editor for a Dataset Map is not working as intended.  Attached is a screenshot of what I see, which is an endlessly spinning icon & a scrollbar that moves up and down.  The primary group that I have designed as available for Open Data usage is http://amherstma.maps.arcgis.com/home/group.html?owner=olkin&title=Amherst%20MA%20GIS%20Map%20%26%20...
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelJuniper
New Contributor III
There are actually two separate issues here that are leading to the confusion about what browsers you see this bug in.

1. If the site has not been made public (Public Access == On), the dataset widget and the map widget will not work properly in any browser on the admin page.

2. If you are using Firefox or Internet Explorer, the dataset widget and the map widget will not work properly.

These are due to issues with our API that we are addressing.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
25 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Michael,

When configuring your site if you SAVE after you've assigned the groups, before you configure the home page, you will see the map options.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33479[/ATTACH]

Hope that helps,
Andrew
0 Kudos
MichaelOlkin
New Contributor III
Thank you for the suggestion.  I've actually saved the site several times since adding the groups, but I still have not been able to add dataset maps.  I've allowed the widget to cycle for as long as 10 minutes, without receiving any listing of layers.  I have configured a "Recent Data" listing, which does work, showing all of the layers in the groups, so I do know that there is valid data for the widget to query.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
What browser are you using?

Thanks,
Andrew
0 Kudos
MichaelOlkin
New Contributor III
Firefox 29.0 on Windows 7.
0 Kudos
MichaelOlkin
New Contributor III
I've also tested this on IE 10 on Windows 7, as well as Safari 7 on Mac OSX 10.9.2.  Same result.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Michael,

I see the bug. I was able to reproduce with Firefox and will test with the other browsers.. In my original response, I used Chrome and did not reproduce.

We'll take a look at how/when we can fix it.

Thank you,
Andrew
0 Kudos
MichaelOlkin
New Contributor III
Great! Thank you!  I'll use Chrome for the time being.
0 Kudos
MichaelOlkin
New Contributor III
I've tested it on Chrome 34 on Windows 7 & unfortunately the result is the same.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Michael,

We'll take another look. The screen shot I provided was with your group using Chrome, but will see what else it could be.

Thanks,
Andrew
0 Kudos