ArcGIS Online WebMap (and Vector Tile) Error?

Jump to solution
10-06-2017 06:03 AM
TylerSearls2
New Contributor III

I have a series of layers I've published to vector layers in order to create a custom basemap I had intended to use on a series of WebApps I will be producing. The issue arises when I go to add the (vector tile, hosted) layer(s) to the WebMap; ArcOnline complains of coordinate system or tiling scheme conflicts (see the shared image). Some of the layers I've hosted will add to the WebMap, others refuse, and it doesn't seem to be a coordinate system issue. Has anyone else run into this? Fairly new to vector tiles.

Error Screenshot.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TylerSearls2
New Contributor III

After reaching out to ESRI customer service the issue was in the coordinate system, not tiling scheme. I was hosting the vector tiles on ArcGIS online through the 'Share as Web Layer' panel, and selecting the 'Vector Tile' option. Sharing layers in this manner uses the map frame's coordinate system, regardless as to what the layer itself is set to. This was the source of my problems.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Check out these basemap considerations: Choose basemap—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Is the layer in Web Mercator? Does the tiling scheme match the basemap?

-Kelly

TylerSearls2
New Contributor III

After reaching out to ESRI customer service the issue was in the coordinate system, not tiling scheme. I was hosting the vector tiles on ArcGIS online through the 'Share as Web Layer' panel, and selecting the 'Vector Tile' option. Sharing layers in this manner uses the map frame's coordinate system, regardless as to what the layer itself is set to. This was the source of my problems.

0 Kudos