Why can't I edit a Story Map created by someone else in ArcGIS Online?

10-06-2017 10:17 AM
NatalieBuchwald
New Contributor III

I recently started at a new organization, for some reason the person in my position previously found it necessary to outsource the creation of Story Maps. That being said, a Story Map was created, it is working but it has typos that I need to fix BUT I CAN'T! 

I'm logged in as the Administrator to my ArcGIS Online Organization account. I have changed the "owner" to myself (did this as a test but it didn't help anything). Normally when you go to an application in AGOL you see the "Edit Application" on the right hand side (See #1 below):

But I don't have that option for the Story map I'm trying to edit (See #2 below):

What am I missing? I have so much to do here and I can't believe I can't figure out how to make a simple change to fix a typo. I tried using the ArcGIS Online Assistant but all I can see is the JSON for the Item Description. I can't see anything else. And at the bottom it gives me an option to "Download" the story map but when I try to do that (not sure how I would get it back on the server though) nothing happens. A new window opens but nothing downloads. I'm totally lost. Can anyone offer a suggestion?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Natalie, 

The storymaps looks to have been created in 2014 so might not use updated functionality for story map editing.

Something to try is to open the URL and then add &edit to the end of the URL to see if that launches the builder for you. 

Another thing to check is if the story map was built in ArcGIS Online in the first place - what does the URL of the story map look like? Does it reference your ArcGIS Online organisational URL?

Carmel

0 Kudos