ArcGIS Online Update '23 - Home Page Issue

10-26-2023 03:25 AM
JD1016
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I have a question regarding the most recent update of ArcGIS Online.

Now when I click on one of my Home Page selections instead of bringing up the application directly, it takes me to the Overview section where I have to select View in order to load the application.

I am the administrator of the site and I've been through the Settings and can't see anywhere to change this workflow.

Does anyone else have a suggestion of how to stop this from happening?

Thank you.

JD

12 Replies
KathrynWalker
Esri Contributor

Hello @JD1016,

Thank you for reporting this behavior. This has been logged as BUG-000162368 and passed on to the appropriate team.

Thank you,
Katie 

Support Analyst, ArcGIS Online Team
BuffaloCoWI
Occasional Contributor

Same issue. We have already gotten calls from citizens who say the apps are "broken." I know it is as easy as clicking on View, but many of the people who use our ArcGIS Online page are not technically savvy, and cannot seem to figure that out on their own. Clicking on apps from ArcGIS Hub still works properly, but the interface is worse than the ArcGIS Online page, so we have been advertising our URL for the latter to citizens.

The behavior of the ArcGIS Online page needs to be reverted to its previous behavior now.

DougRathburn
New Contributor

Issue here on this end as well.  Calls and emails that we really don't need right now.  We are also seeing an issue where our gallery isn't showing up within our homepage either unless I'm signed into my account.  We've cleared cache, etc.

JosephCarl2
New Contributor III

Following this, we are seeing the same issue here after last nights update.

Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

I have also noticed some links on my custom homepage configuration are broken. When I click on the link, a new tab opens with only this in the address bar:

Katherine_Clark_0-1698336079725.png

Also, there are no errors showing up in the developer console for this. 

The broken links are part of an "Item Gallery" section of the homepage. 

Katherine_Clark_1-1698336241198.png

UPDATE: I see this error in the developer console in the original tab (home page), not the newly opened tab.

Katherine_Clark_0-1698337908789.png

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
anthonyj
New Contributor II

Issue is on our end as well. 

0 Kudos
anthonyj
New Contributor II

What we have done in our organization for now under the security settings is set up "Access Notice" and an "Information Banner" to state that our databases were affected by the ArcGIS Online update and to click the "View" button after clicking the database to it.

anthonyj_1-1698338508797.png

JD1016
by
Occasional Contributor III

That's a good thought.

I communicated with my personnel through an AGO users group that I set-up through our email service.  They all received a notice early this morning with directions on how to adapt to the new, hopefully temporary, normal.

KaylaFlamm
New Contributor III

Another likely bug... if you have a card on your home page that links to a PDF (like a help document for example), it does not seem to allow anyone other than the item's owner when logged in to click through at all anymore. Sharing permissions have not changed, and the item is visible to users when they access it via other methods. It's just the card on the home page that no longer works.

0 Kudos