ArcGIS Online - Time-Enabled Layers Not Loading Properly In InstantApp

12-02-2022 06:59 AM
JC_UoW
by
New Contributor

Hi - wondering if someone can help me.

I have created a Web Map which displays a range of layers - a couple of these are 'time-enabled', and I have configured the data, layers, time-slider span and time frequency settings accordingly - all of which work fine. The WebMap is then published through an InstantApp (with slider), so users can turn on/off layers and explore the time-enabled ones with the time slider. The App is set to 'inherit' the time slider settings from the Web Map.

I have run into a problem with the App however, where unless the time-enabled layers are set to be visible from the beginning, when they are later switched on, it ignores their temporal attributes and all of their contents appears - regardless of what time period or position the slider is set to.

The problem does not occur if the layers are set to be visible from the outset - but this does not quite achieve what I am after for how the user will interact with it.

I've attached two screenshots showing these two conditions. Has anyone had this problem before? Is this a glitch? Have I missed a setting somewhere or done something wrong? 

Many thanks in advance

0 Kudos
0 Replies