ArcGIS Online - Symbology Classification

Jump to solution
07-17-2014 11:09 AM
NickCourtney1
New Contributor

Hi Everyone,

I am creating a map for analyzing farm property sizes around a specific area.  It is being used to support a report that has been written regarding an issue and needs to have the properties symbolized based on its area in hectares.  I would like to classify the areas into 7 classes ... less than 10, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59 and 60 and greater.  I only see options to do Natural Breaks or Equal Intervals and neither will satisfy this arrangement.

Any ideas on how to accomplish this?  Thanks for your help!

Nick

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NickCourtney1
New Contributor

Hi Joachim Schmidt,

I am trying to do this using ArcGIS Online.  This is a very simple classification setup on desktop.  My work-around solution is to but the layer on 7 different times and use the filter to achieve the breaks that I want.  Not the easiest method but it will work for now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlexanderNohe1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Nick Courtney‌,

This functionality does not currently exist in ArcGIS Online.  There is an official enhancement request logged under:

[NIM098242 - Provide the ability to create custom class breaks when changing the symbology of a dynamic layer in ArcGIS Online.]

I would also consider posting this enhancement request on the ideas page which our developers monitor frequently.  In addition, other users are able to promote the idea which will add to the likelihood that it will be addressed in a future release.  Here is a link to the ideas page:

http://ideas.arcgis.com

I hope this helps!

JoachimSchmidt
New Contributor

Hi Nick,

are you trying to accomplish this using ArcMap or ArcGIS Online?
Joachim

0 Kudos
NickCourtney1
New Contributor

Hi Joachim Schmidt,

I am trying to do this using ArcGIS Online.  This is a very simple classification setup on desktop.  My work-around solution is to but the layer on 7 different times and use the filter to achieve the breaks that I want.  Not the easiest method but it will work for now.

0 Kudos