Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Online Map Viewer Symbology Template Not Sync with Feature Edit Pane

Jump to solution
yesterday
lesi_mai
New Contributor

Hi, 

I have a feature class symbolized by a category published to AGOL. Once on AGOL, I wanted to add an additional category value (which in this case is 'warning') to the list. I was able to do that but the added value wouldn't show up when I tried to add new features to the layer. Am I missing something here?Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EmilyGeo
Esri Contributor

Hi @lesi_mai,

You'll need to add a new template. Managing templates in Map Viewer is on our future road map.

In the mean time, you can use either Map Viewer Classic or Field Maps Designer.

To manage feature templates in Field Maps Designer, follow these steps:

1. Open the map in Field Maps Designer. 
  2. Navigate to the layer.
  3. Open the 'Templates' tab.
  4. To create a new template, Duplicate an existing template, then make changes to the name and / or default values. 
  5. Save the changes.
  6. Then the new template will appear in the list when you create new features.

Hope that helps! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
EmilyGeo
Esri Contributor

Hi @lesi_mai,

You'll need to add a new template. Managing templates in Map Viewer is on our future road map.

In the mean time, you can use either Map Viewer Classic or Field Maps Designer.

To manage feature templates in Field Maps Designer, follow these steps:

1. Open the map in Field Maps Designer. 
  2. Navigate to the layer.
  3. Open the 'Templates' tab.
  4. To create a new template, Duplicate an existing template, then make changes to the name and / or default values. 
  5. Save the changes.
  6. Then the new template will appear in the list when you create new features.

Hope that helps! 

lesi_mai
New Contributor

Thank for the clarification @EmilyGeo ! Looking forward to seeing this functionality being added to the Map Viewer soon so we don't need to go back and forth between the two viewers.

0 Kudos