ArcGIS Online layer search

Jump to solution
12-08-2013 09:59 PM
SreejithA
New Contributor
Hi,

I've created and published a layer in ArcGIS Online. Now I found that the layer I created is not available when it is searched for. What would be the reason for this? Is there anything else to do? Please help me out.

Thanks & Regards,

Sreejith. A
GIS Services
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
Correct, unless you name your map, save it and share it with everyone. Then your map, which contains your shapefile, can be found in the search.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
Did you upload a zipped shapefile or did you upload a feature service via an organizational account?

If it is a zipped shapefile then you won't be able to find it, you can however make a map with it and use the shapefiles name as map name and make the map open to the public.

If it is a feature service, make sure you allow everybody to see it. You can adjust those settings in the details page of your feature service.
0 Kudos
SreejithA
New Contributor
Thanks for the information. I've uploaded a zipped shape file created in ArcMap.
So wot i've understood from your reply is that, if only it is a feature service, then it'll be available in layer search unlike the case with the shape file, right?
0 Kudos
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
Correct, unless you name your map, save it and share it with everyone. Then your map, which contains your shapefile, can be found in the search.
0 Kudos
SreejithA
New Contributor
Yes. That was an valuable advice. Thank you so much. Be in touch.

Sreejith. A
GIS Services
0 Kudos