ArcGIS Online Hosted Feature Layer Shared Publicly But Unable to Download Without AGOL Account?

04-07-2022 11:31 AM
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello All,

I am a little confused about this.  I was assisting another ArcGIS user on this site earlier @Da-WeiLiou .

She wanted to know how to share her hosted feature layers through a web app interface by simply having the user click on ellipse (...) button next to the layer in the web app layer list , then click "View Item Details" to link to the item details page with a button available to download the data.  Unfortunately, every time we tried, AGOL would prompt for user account credentials.

I tried testing this and changed settings in the Organization security (anonymous access), hosted feature layer, web map, web app,  and even tried sharing with an open data enabled group to see if this would change and it did not.  

What are we missing here?  Has something changed recently with ESRI's data sharing policies?

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
4 Replies
LukeGilner1
Occasional Contributor

Try going to Search for '*' | ArcGIS Hub and search for the layer here.  If it's shared publicly, you should be able to find it.  Not sure if this will get to what you're looking for, but it shouldn't ask for credentials here.

ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello Luke,

I tried your suggestion but I was unable to find my hosted feature layer that I shared publicly.  I even tried the use of tags and last update date.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
LukeGilner1
Occasional Contributor

Sounds like something isn't shared publicly.  Every layer in the web app will need to be shared publicly. 

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

When I tested this yesterday, I only had one layer in the test web map and app and they were all shared publicly. 

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos