ArcGIS Online hosted feature layer replica limit

05-04-2022 01:59 PM
JohnMarino
New Contributor III

Is there a limit to the number of replicas a feature layer hosted on ArcGIS Online can have?

For context, we host a feature layer in ArcGIS Online which is shared with approximately 100 users. This layer is primarily used in a map (configured for offline use) which is used in Collector/Field Maps.

Over time, these users have created many offline areas in Field Maps, leading to nearly 1000 replicas having been created for the layer.

So far we have not had any major issues, but is this (seemingly) high number of replicas cause for any concern long-term?

3 Replies
PaulFerroLocana
New Contributor

Any updates from @esri on this?

We seem to hitting a maximum of 150 replicas? Can an organization increase this amount?
cc @Anonymous User

0 Kudos
AaronDick
New Contributor

Would also be interested in getting an answer to this from ESRI.  The agency I work for is looking to build a mobile application for the public that needs to include offline mapping and being able to use a hosted feature service (non-editable, but syncable would be ideal).  I have talked to developers in other organizations that have gone to great lengths with workarounds to avoid proliferation or replicas.  Some have told me there are hard limits on number of replicas and others have mentioned performance issues when large numbers of replicas were generated.   

JohnMarino
New Contributor III

For what it is worth, the original layer that prompted this question is still working well, and as of today has 1,648 replicas. Around this time each year I generally try to go through and purge old replicas, but I am still concerned that someday something unexpected is going to happen because of the number of active replicas.

0 Kudos