ArcGIS Online Default Print Issues

Jump to solution
08-17-2018 04:38 AM
JeffDavis7
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I've created an application (using WAB AGO - not Developers Edition) that will eventually be only used for public viewing and inquiry.  I would like to provide the benefit of printing to our public.  I've added the Print Widget and used the following URL:

"https://utility.arcgisonline.com/arcgis/rest/services/Utilities/PrintingTools/GPServer/Export%20Web%..."

The print widget functions normally and the map graphic is as expected but the legend is missing.  I've tried different print output formats from the drop-down selection and nothing changes.  No legend.

All layers within the application are hosted feature/tile layers.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how I may remedy this problem?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
0 Kudos
10 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeff,

Tiled layers do not produce entries in the map legend. That is just how it works.

0 Kudos
JeffDavis7
Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert,

That would explain quite a lot.  If I were to add the corresponding hosted feature layer instead...would that work?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Yes

0 Kudos
JeffDavis7
Occasional Contributor

Thank you, Robert.

0 Kudos
diegocarvalho
New Contributor III

Hi Robert,

I have a webmap pulling to sets of layers: AGOL hosted Feature Layers and on Premise Map Image Layer. Using both print widgets (from webmap and webapp) the result is the same: the map image layers are displayed normally, but the Feature Layers are not printed. Any solution for that?

Tks

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sorry I have not seen that issue.

0 Kudos
MeghanBogaerts
New Contributor II

Is this a bug that's got a tracking number somewhere? It can't be that this is just the preferred behavior....a user of a web map has no idea what's a tile layer versus a hosted feature layer, and they don't care. They see a print document that's missing its legend. We have layers with tens of thousands of features, so we serve them as tile layers for efficiency, which is per ESRI's advice. What am I missing here?

JeffDavis7
Occasional Contributor

It is as Robert indicates.  Tile layers do not show up in the legend.  However, if you add the corresponding hosted feature layer to the web map, save, open the web application and select print...the feature layer will appear in the legend.  BTW...this is using the default ESRI print service as indicated above.

I'm currently running into a bit of a bizarre issue with labels not showing up on output as well.

0 Kudos
MeghanBogaerts
New Contributor II

Yes, that mirrors my experience as well. What I'm trying to figure out is whether this is a logged issue that ESRI is working on or if I should report it. I can't see how this ok behavior, it makes no sense from a usability perspective. The whole point of tile layers is to display numerous features that you can't with a feature layer, because it loads much too slowly or drops features. If you offer that as a solution, it should work with ESRI's own widgets!