Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Online adding decimal places to data in feature class and its related table

08-31-2023 05:59 AM
MFazio
by
Regular Contributor

I'm looking to remove the trailing zeros that ArcGIS Online seems to add to every numeric field in my data:

MFazio_0-1693486700210.png

Is there a reason that ArcGIS Online defaults to six decimal places? I see where I can adjust this in field settings, but seems very odd that AGOL would just take it upon itself to reformat the field from what they were published as... 

Thanks in advance,

- Mike F.

5 Replies
ArmstKP
Frequent Contributor

@MFazio In your field, did you set the precision and scale in Desktop or Pro?

0 Kudos
MFazio
by
Regular Contributor

Yes, they were created in Pro and then published to AGOL.

0 Kudos
MFazio
by
Regular Contributor

Now that you mention it, when I open in the Pro, I see the rounding is set to 6 decimal places, which must be the problem. I'm still struggling with an 'int' field that is displaying with 6 decimals... 

jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure the "reason" is just a choice some individual made. As for removing the zeroes, you mention that you already found the place to adjust the field settings, does that not do it? You may wish to edit the field settings in the service's Visualization settings as opposed to in the map, so that your changes are picked up by other maps or services that access the data.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
MFazio
by
Regular Contributor

Thanks, I hadn't considered the Visualization tab. I'm now running into the issue of an 'int' field that has 6 decimal places, but AGOL will not allow me to adjust it because it is not a float.