Arcade Intersects Showing Different Values between Webmap and Field Maps App

03-23-2022 04:41 AM
Labels (1)
TroyGray
New Contributor II

I have an Arcade expression that identifies the zip code that intersects a point of interest (poi).  It returns the expected zip code values when clicking on the poi in a webmap, however, when clicking on the same poi in the Field Maps mobile app, it returns a value that is more than two thousand miles away.

Here is my simple Intersects expression:

var p = $feature;
var zip = FeatureSetByName($map,"USA ZIP Code Areas");
var intLayer = Intersects(zip,p);

for (var f in intLayer){
return f.ZIP_CODE
}

I am working with Portal for ArcGIS (v10.9).

• var P is a feature service on the enterprise portal.
  • var zip is a hosted layer pulled from the Living Atlas.

See attached screenshot showing the same poi with different results from the arcade expression between the webmap and mobile app.

Has anyone seen this type of behavior before and have any ideas what is happening?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Wow! I've seen slight differences with Intersect, but nothing like this. What projection are the two layers in?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
TroyGray
New Contributor II

Thanks Josh for your reply!

The zip codes layer is from ESRI's Living Atlas and I couldn't find the metadata but I believe it's not projected.  The POI layer is "NAD_1983_StatePlane_Indiana_East_FIPS_1301_Feet".

I have tested a similar scenario with two layers in the same projection and get similar results.  It works as expected in the webmap, but has completely different values when accessed via the mobile app.

0 Kudos