Arcade expression not working on Explorer mobile app pop-up

Jump to solution
12-05-2019 08:17 AM
Matt-Goodman
Occasional Contributor

I have a web mapping application that uses and Arcade expression for pop-ups. The expression basically looks like this: 

if (
($feature.Problem == 'CP-CHILD PROTECTION') ||
($feature.Problem == 'RUN-RUNAWAY') ||
($feature.Problem == 'TRBKID - JUVENILE OFFENSE') ||
($feature.Problem == 'TRTOP-TRT CALLOUT') ||
return "Sensitive"
}

else {
return $feature.Problem
}

The expression works property when I view the web map via a web browser on my desktop, but it doesn't work on a mobile device when using the Explorer app or the 'classic' Collector app. Is this just and expected limitation of those apps? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

The next release of Explorer on Android and IOS will support arcade expression.

Current Esri apps  Navigator, Explorer for ArcGIS (Windows) and Collector (newest) support arcade expressions

View solution in original post

5 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Matt Goodman ,

The classic Collector does not have support for Arcade as for as I know and neither does Explorer (in iOS nor in Android), so it would be better to use the new Collector (Aurora). 

MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

The next release of Explorer on Android and IOS will support arcade expression.

Current Esri apps  Navigator, Explorer for ArcGIS (Windows) and Collector (newest) support arcade expressions

DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

Is there any information on when this release is likely to be?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mark Bockenhauer‌ was this update released? I have some arcade expressions that are pulling data from other layers. Would this be supported? Those expressions don't seem to be populating.

MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Cameron McArtney

We need to get into specifics, IOS, Android, Windows... and the specific expression...   but also to really get on top of this we should look at what happens with your map in Field Maps, which is currently in beta.   All Explorer and Collector workflows are going into this app.   This is where we will work to address any issues that you have with Explorer or Collector.

Mark