Select to view content in your preferred language

Arcade Attribute Expressions now uneditable due to error: Execution Error:Failed to open Layer: Error

07-11-2022 08:15 AM
Labels (1)
NeilPennanen_dnr
New Contributor II

I am configuring a pop-up in map viewer and have run into an error where I can no longer add new attribute expressions or edit the expressions I've already made.

Here is the text of the error:

Execution Error:Failed to open Layer: Error

I don't know why the layer is not able to be opened.

The expressions I have already made are still functioning. But when I test them I get this error so I can't make any changes. I just have to close out of the expression editing session and let them be since any changes result in the test failing which prevents saving any of the changes. I run into the same issue when trying to create new expressions since the interface won't allow me to save an expression that throws an error during the test.

Additions: This is a hosted feature layer view.

I'm trying to figure out what this error means. I'm concerned coming from the layer being open somewhere else and somehow locked from access. I ensured all instances I was working on were closed but the problem persists. This is a collaborative project so it could be a result of someone else working on it.

0 Kudos
0 Replies