Select to view content in your preferred language

Application user vs. Individual user

09-17-2015 09:49 AM
VenusScott
Occasional Contributor III

I was just curious on how to address this potential (and very likely) situation...

When AGOL applications are linked to individual users:

myNSD.png

And that individual user leaves the organization and there is no replacement user, wouldn't it be better to create a "named user" like NSD_Apps to accommodate the movement of people in organizations?

NamedUser.png

What are other folks doing out there?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Except for administrators...we tell people to have their own private AGOL account...when they leave (in this case, a university) it stays with us do as we like (delete, keep etc).  If they don't want it left, then they remove what they don't want left because it is/should be in their private account.  This only causes problems if they happen to be using data which is private to our organization.  We haven't done the single user with everyone having a password, for obvious reasons.

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

If I don't have a person I can transfer the apps to, what I've seen and what I am doing is having one "generic" department user where ​I can temporarily move these. This does require the use of a "named user" slot, and users that access (administrate or publish) must have their own "named user" account.  That is, this can not be used as a generic login (since at least for now, that is not legal).