Append data to Hosted feature layer

Jump to solution
03-10-2023 01:45 AM
Labels (3)
AliAwadBUK
New Contributor III

Hello everyone

I am reaching out to inquire about adding more boundaries to my geodatabase that contains relationship classes. Currently, I have a boundary polygon with related parcels, lines, and points, each of which are linked to two tables. Each layer in the geodatabase has its own specific symbology based on unique fields and attributes.

I have successfully published this geodatabase from ArcGIS Pro to ArcGIS Online, and it is functioning well. However, I am now looking to add more boundaries with associated layers without disrupting the existing feature service, symbology or attribute data.

Could you please advise me on the best way to accomplish this task?

Thank you for your assistance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
james-noble
Esri Contributor

Hi @AliAwadBUK , my understanding is that you can use the Append tool in ArcGIS Online, as long as the file geodatabase you append to the Hosted Feature Layer follows exactly the same format, in terms of relationship classes / tables: Manage hosted feature layers—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation

You could always test this first by exporting and republishing the original hosted feature layer, then appending the new data to make sure everything works.

James Noble
Programme & Service Delivery @ Esri UK

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
james-noble
Esri Contributor

Hi @AliAwadBUK , my understanding is that you can use the Append tool in ArcGIS Online, as long as the file geodatabase you append to the Hosted Feature Layer follows exactly the same format, in terms of relationship classes / tables: Manage hosted feature layers—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation

You could always test this first by exporting and republishing the original hosted feature layer, then appending the new data to make sure everything works.

James Noble
Programme & Service Delivery @ Esri UK
0 Kudos
AliAwadBUK
New Contributor III

Thank you James. @james-noble 

0 Kudos