Append data to hosted feature layer not working?

08-28-2018 11:03 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm attempting to append some data (zipped geodatabase) to a hosted feature layer in ArcGIS online. The same process that I have been using for months never completes. I am able to pick the zipped geodatabase, specify that it is a geodatabase, it will analyze and ask me whether or not to "update existing features". When I click "Apply Updates" it looks like it is working but stays stuck on the loading page. I have a polygon and a point layer that I have been updating this way and it is no longer working for either.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Tags (1)
9 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried the exact same process today with the same zipped geodatabase and it works.

0 Kudos
IngridMans
Occasional Contributor II

I am experiencing this same problem now myself with a zipped shapefile. Is there no other comment or advice? 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Esri looks to be experiencing performance issues with hosted feature services. I think that's what my issue was.

ArcGIS Online Health Dashboard 

0 Kudos
TimothyKing3
Occasional Contributor

Having the same issue today with a zipped geodatabase.

0 Kudos
SamanthaGriffore
Occasional Contributor

Having the same issue today with a .csv file. Has been "Applying Updates" for at least 10 mins now....afraid to cancel for fear of affecting my original data. Only 45 new features being appended. I used the map fields option as my fields were slightly different in name.

Any advice?

SamanthaGriffore
Occasional Contributor

So apparently it worked, but it never finished "Applying Updates". I clicked the X (Cancel) and then checked my feature layer. All of my appended data was there. Phew!

0 Kudos
DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

Having the same issue today (screenshot below). It is just hanging at 'Applying updates'. 

attached). 

0 Kudos
Tomas_Merta
New Contributor

Having same problem yesterday and today.

0 Kudos
Chris_Rogers
New Contributor II

This is a constant bother and the Append Data function in ArcGIS Online has become so unreliable I'm afraid to use it. This should be a straightforward process and work flawlessly 100% of the time but lately, I get 25% confidence that it is going to work but most often never appears to complete the transaction so I have to manually close the Append Data Dialogue box and hope that the data didi process. Or it fails and throws a cryptic message regarding an issue with creating the ObjectID's automatically.

When trying to update/append data into any of the Utility Network Solutions tables this is a huge problem when it should be simple. At first, I thought it might be an issue with the data but when creating a new blank points feature service and then importing the data it works 100% of the time. When trying to import data into one of the UN Solutions tables it's Hit-n-Miss and more miss than hit. Also, the Domain lists don't show up properly in AGOL from these Solutions thus I'd recommend developing your Feature Service layers in AGOL first and then walking them backward into Pro to ensure 100% web compatibility seems like there are still some bugaboos between the Desktop and Web-based products.

If anyone has any insight as to what is stopping the Append Data routine from completing successfully on it's own I'd love to hear about it.