Select to view content in your preferred language

An input Dashboard element?

10-21-2023 10:50 AM
Labels (1)
MaxSchaible
New Contributor

Hello- Can you please tell me- is there a way to create an ArcGIS Online Dashboard that collects a user's typed name and address, adds the information to an growing CSV file, automatically geocodes the address and plots the result on a ArcGIS map- at regular intervals? Or is there an ESRI tutorial that explains how this is done? Thanks for your help. I appreciate it!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MobiusSnake
MVP Regular Contributor

Dashboards seem to be designed for displaying your data rather than data input, however it is possible to place "embedded content" inside of them.

This allows you to do some neat tricks, like creating a Survey123 web form and placing that inside your dashboard.  You can even link actions on other widgets to that content's URL, which is very powerful.

An embedded Survey123 form would allow you to add a typed name and address to a feature service, which could then be exported to a CSV file.

Edit to add:  https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-embedding-a-survey...

MaxSchaible
New Contributor

Hi, and thanks MobiusSnake. Embedding a Survey into a Dashboard- to just take someone's typed name and address and then to plot their location on a continually updated and growing map seems like overkill to me but I'll try it. Again, thanks for your help. Max

0 Kudos