"The WMTS layer[???] does not support a coordinate system or tiling scheme..." Error

10-28-2013 05:15 AM
MatthewBowerbank
New Contributor
When I attempt to add another layer ontop of my basemap, I get the message:

"The WMTS layer[???] does not support a coordinate system or tiling scheme that aligns with the basemap"

The coordinate system used by the layers is identical - is there a way to avoid this problem?

Also worth noting is that two layers can be used together without the error appearing, however they are massively out of alignment even though the coordinate system is the same. I have noticed that with layers that contain multiple scales, if the tile matrix size does not double/half each time, then changing resolution can result in the map shifting around in the viewport. 

The WMTS service works flawlessly within ArcMap therefore is the issue with the way ArcGIS Online works rather than the WMTS?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Are you using one of ArcGIS Online's basemaps or your own custom basemap?
Can you share the URL to the WMTS service?

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
MatthewBowerbank
New Contributor
Hi Mike,

When initially choosing a layer, the check-box for basemap is automatically checked and greyed out. When trying to add additional layers to my chosen basemap, the error previously mentioned occurs. Unfortunately I cannot share the URL with you, but if you would like any additional information with regard to the WMTS being used I'll be more than happy to provide you information where I can.

Could the issue be due to the tile matrix sizes of the layers not matching? Some layers contain multiple scales, and where the tile matrix size is not a multiple of 2 (twice as large, or twice as small), the map alignment is thrown off. E.g. One layer goes from:

Scale Denominator:

Tile Size:

Tile Matrix Size:

To:

Scale Denominator:

Tile Size:

Tile Matrix Size:

And even though they use the same coordinate system, the layers do not align.Thanks for looking at this.
0 Kudos