AGOL Symbology Groups

Jump to solution
06-04-2018 02:31 PM
AliciaRitzenthaler
New Contributor III

ArcGIS online allows you to define unique symbology based upon an attribute. Is there a way to define which are group as 'other'? Alternatively, is there a way to group categories together yet?

In the example below, I'd have 2 different color dots - one for PointID/label 999 and one for all other PointID/labels. 

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KyleBalke__GISP
Occasional Contributor III

Alicia,

Hover your mouse over the three vertical dots until you see the cursor change to a four way arrow, now hold down your left mouse button and drag the item down to the Other grouping.  Repeat for the other labels as needed.

Best,

Kyle

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JonathanFarmer_oldaccount

Hi Alicia,

I'm going to let someone else jump in regarding your question on grouping categories together for symbology in AGOL. I'm not aware of a way to do this but someone else may.

However, to your question on defining what is categorized as "Other", to my knowledge there is not a way to do this. The "Other" category is reserved for rows in the chosen column that do not have an entry. For example, if I choose to symbolize based on a column called "Pipe Type" and my 2 choices are "Water" and "Gas" then I should see 3 labels on my map in AGOL, "Water" "Gas" and "Other" where "Other" are the rows that do not have an entry in them (null values). Hope that makes sense. You can choose to hide features in the "Other" category though so they do not display on the map.

Jonathan

0 Kudos
KyleBalke__GISP

Alicia,

Hover your mouse over the three vertical dots until you see the cursor change to a four way arrow, now hold down your left mouse button and drag the item down to the Other grouping.  Repeat for the other labels as needed.

Best,

Kyle