Select to view content in your preferred language

AGOL Map Viewer treating text field like numeric field and adding decimal point after values

Jump to solution
03-21-2024 08:30 AM
Bec
by
New Contributor III

I was doing some updates to a pop-up for an Intersections layer that is hosted in AGOL and noticed that some text fields that have numeric values are being treated as numerical fields even though they are clearly showing as a text field for the data type.  This same layer if I bring it into Pro, the fields are displayed correctly.  Does anyone know why this might be happening?  And is there any way I can fix this so that it will display correctly within AGOL since this is part of a dashboard?  See the below images for examples.  Take a look at the following fields:  Functional School ZoneCouncil Districts, and Signal ID.

AGOL Table ViewAGOL Table ViewArcGIS Pro Table ViewArcGIS Pro Table View

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bec
by
New Contributor III

Mike,

Yes, both the data source in Pro and AGOL are the same.  This data was originally published to AGOL back in November or December of 2023.  And yes, weirdly it is adding decimal points and zeros after some of the decimal points in the three string fields I pointed out, but like you noticed, it is not consistent.  I never saw the issue I am seeing now back then when I first published the data.  I will reach out to my technology department to let them know this will need to be sent up to ESRI support.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi @Bec 

Are you saying that decimal points are somehow being added to your data for a string field? That would be a very weird bug. It's also strange that it's not happening consistently. In the Functional School Zone field, sometimes 99.0 displays and other times, just 99. 

Are you showing the exact same data source in Pro and Online? Is that a hosted feature layer?

Is it possible that somehow the data was corrupted before publishing to ArcGIS Online?

I'd suggest contacting Esri technical support. This is an issue that we'd need to look at the data and understand how it was published to troubleshoot.

Mike

0 Kudos
Bec
by
New Contributor III

Mike,

Yes, both the data source in Pro and AGOL are the same.  This data was originally published to AGOL back in November or December of 2023.  And yes, weirdly it is adding decimal points and zeros after some of the decimal points in the three string fields I pointed out, but like you noticed, it is not consistent.  I never saw the issue I am seeing now back then when I first published the data.  I will reach out to my technology department to let them know this will need to be sent up to ESRI support.  Thanks!