AGOL Error Running Geoprocessing Tool

04-19-2021 01:06 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am running a custom geoprocessing tool on AGOL in a web application. I am getting the error:

• ERROR 999999: Something unexpected caused the tool to fail. Contact Esri Technical Support (http://esriurl.com/support) to Report a Bug, and refer to the error help for potential solutions or workarounds.
  • Failed to execute (Select Layer By Location (2)).

I have this tool set up in ArcGIS Pro in model builder where it accepts user input and runs three python scripts along with some built in tools. The error is thrown in the first part of the model where in a python script, I accept user input to select a chosen location and run the Generate Service Areas tool to create drive time polygons. Once this script finishes, I attempt to use Select Layer by Location on the output service area layer. This is where the tool seems to fail in AGOL. (It works no problem in Pro.)

Originally, I had this model working in ArcGIS Desktop and working as a geoprocessing tool in AGOL, but I transitioned to ArcGIS Pro in order to use the Generate Service Areas tool in Pro. Because this is the only change I made to the scripts, I believe the Generate Service Areas tool is the cause of the problem. However, it fails at the Select Layer by location which is the tool I call after running the script that calls Generate Service Areas tool. 

Any ideas on what could cause this to fail?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JianLange1
New Contributor II

Hi Margaret, 

I assume you shared your model tool from ArcGIS Pro to your ArcGIS Enterprise Portal as a web tool. Please note that ready to use tools such as Generate Service Areas can not be published to portal. You can use the service areas tool available in Network Analyst extension or the corresponding service areas tool available on your portal. 

Hope this helps.
Jian
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Jian,

Thank you so much for your response. That is good to know. I switched to using the ready to use Generate Service Areas tool because I tried multiple network layers which did not seem to produce accurate drive times. Do you know if there is any way to access the AGOL network layer that the tool is built on?

Thank you again,

Margaret

0 Kudos
JianLange1
New Contributor II

Hi Margaret,

Do you know that you can configure an utility service on your enterprise portal and point to the ArcGIS Online network analysis service such as generate service areas?

Thanks.

Jian

0 Kudos