AGOL Copy and Paste Attribute/Feature

08-09-2016 04:09 PM
MelanieRosenberg2
Occasional Contributor II

Is there a way to efficiently copy and paste features or attributes whilst editing in AGOL, just like in Collector?

7 Replies
MTorres
Occasional Contributor

bump

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Not that I am aware of.

KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Copy and paste features in a map or data attributes in a data table? Can you provide some more information about your specific workflow?

0 Kudos
MTorres
Occasional Contributor

I need to copy and paste attributes from one feature to another feature in the same layer. I have fire hydrant points existing in Collector with lots of attributes. I have crews going to each hydrant and creating a new one using high accuracy GPS units. After they create a new hydrant point using Collector, I want to open the map in an AGOL web app, copy and paste the attributes from the old hydrant into the new one, then delete the old hydrant. TIA!

0 Kudos
MelanieRosenberg2
Occasional Contributor II

Both. 

I want to copy attributes and geometry.

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Melanie,

There isn't a way to copy content from one field to another currently. You may want to look into using field calculator for repetitive field calculations. Could you log an idea on the ideas site about this.

Would setting specific defaults for your layers help at all or is your workflow closer to M Torres where you are looking to migrate data from one feature to another?

-Kelly 

0 Kudos
MTorres
Occasional Contributor

bump

0 Kudos