Select to view content in your preferred language

Adding a table without location information

07-10-2023 11:47 AM
Labels (3)
mckennaeichenauer
New Contributor

Hi everyone. I am trying to add a .csv table to a webmap with a state shapefile feature layer so that I can join features. I am familiar with doing this in ArcGIS Pro, but I am really struggling with doing it online. I tried following this tutorial: https://learn.arcgis.com/en/projects/join-a-table-to-a-feature-layer-in-arcgis-online/

which seems fairly straightforward, however, I cannot choose "Create a hosted feature layer and add it to the map" before I pick the fields. This means when the location settings page comes up I have no option but longitude and latitude fields:

Screenshot 2023-07-10 134101.png

I have tried uploading the table on my content page separately and adding it from there, but when I click add table back on the webmap, it says I have no content available: 

mckennaeichenauer_0-1689014767748.png

Any help on what to do would be much appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MiguelParedes
Esri Contributor

Greetings,

After you select the CSV file, you then should select the option to Create a hosted feature layer and add it to the map
3Ehzp2doDp.jpg

After doing so, you will see the Fields page. Make sure the fields you need are selected. Click Next, which will display the Location settings page. Expanding  the choices should provide you with the None option:
ezZuR3gpVz.jpg

After adding the table, you should see it in the Table section in the Map Viewer.
eLtSZyk8ON.jpg

Once you have the table, you should be able to proceed with the joining of the table to a feature layer.

Hope the above helps,

Miguel
0 Kudos
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

Click on your profile name in the upper right corner. Then go to Settings > Licenses. Does your role include permissions to publish a hosted feature layer? You can click on the info button next to the role to see the included permissions.

JenniferAcunto_0-1689079198186.png

ArcGIS Roles

- Jen
mckennaeichenauer
New Contributor

Oh! Thank you so much that is definitely the problem! 

0 Kudos