Add Coded Value Domains to Hosted Feature

Jump to solution
03-02-2021 11:00 AM
LukeGilner1
Occasional Contributor

I need to add coded value domains to a hosted feature but the 'Create List' button is not available.  I am the owner of the layer and it is editable.  It was published from ArcPro without any domains associated with it.  Am I missing something simple?

LukeGilner1_0-1614711587597.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LukeGilner1
Occasional Contributor

SOLVED!  The issue was related to the label set up on the layer.  The label was set up with Tahoma font when published from ArcPro.  When I switched it to Arial, the Create List button is now available.  Apparently Tahoma is not supported, although everything else about the layer worked perfectly fine with Tahoma.  This should really be a warning message when a layer is published from ArcPro with unsupported fonts.  Thanks for leading me in the right direction DataOfficer!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DataOfficer
Occasional Contributor III

Is your layer already symbolised by the field you are trying to create a list for? I just had a similar issue. Setting the symbology back to 'Show locations only' and then going back in to the Fields screen you have shown allowed me to create a list. You can then recreate your symbology based on your CoverType field.

0 Kudos
LukeGilner1
Occasional Contributor

No, the layer is symbolized by 'Show locations only' already.  I tried switching it to a different symbology type, saved it, checked the field settings, and still no Create List option.  I switched it back to 'Show locations only' and still no Create List option.  This issue is on all fields - the Create List option is not available for any of them.  Thanks for the suggestion though!  Got any other ideas?

0 Kudos
LukeGilner1
Occasional Contributor

Looking into some of my other layers a little further, I'm finding inconsistencies with when the Create List button is available.  I typically publish the layers with domains already set up.  For some layers the Create List button is available on every field that doesn't already have a List of Values set up, but for other layers the Create List button is not available even though the layer has some fields with a List of Values.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
LukeGilner1
Occasional Contributor

SOLVED!  The issue was related to the label set up on the layer.  The label was set up with Tahoma font when published from ArcPro.  When I switched it to Arial, the Create List button is now available.  Apparently Tahoma is not supported, although everything else about the layer worked perfectly fine with Tahoma.  This should really be a warning message when a layer is published from ArcPro with unsupported fonts.  Thanks for leading me in the right direction DataOfficer!

MikeSlattery
Occasional Contributor

That is great troubleshooting, I wouldn't have thought the font would matter to the field definition.

0 Kudos
LukeGilner1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, it doesn't make any sense to me either.  I also just realized the Create List button was not available on the field that the label was set to.  I turned labels off, and the Create List button became available for this field.  Then I created my List of Values and turned the label back on (with Arial font).  So for some reason the label and font have catastrophic side effects to the field definitions. 🤔

0 Kudos