Add A Select to Popup

08-07-2019 09:01 AM
MeleKoneya
Occasional Contributor III

I have a popup where I am using Arcade to show the highlight text if a 'Case Info Sheet' exists.

What I really like to do is to select from the popup via hyperlink or by moving the selection tool. 

Can this be done?

Thanks,

Mele

0 Kudos
3 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mele Koneya ,

I have a couple of questions:

• Do you have a field that can be validated to see if a Case Info Sheet is available? For example a case info sheet url field that will have a value is the sheet exists and is empty in case it doesn't? It is not possible in Arcade to check a location to see if something exists.
  • Your pop-up show the text "Click a button below...". Do you want to create a button with a link to the Case Info Sheet? Should it only appear if the sheet is available?
  • I'm not sure what you exactly mean by "...by moving the selection tool" in relation to this question. Can you explain this a little more?

So, in short, it is possible to include a link to some resource in case it exists, but the best way to do this depends o how you have structured your data and if you want a button or just simply a link.

0 Kudos
MeleKoneya
Occasional Contributor III

Xander,

Thanks for your reply

• I do have a field to validate whether a Case Info Sheet Info sheet.   It is a simply an integer field.  0=no 1=yes.  In arcade I have that working to show text for instructions to use the selection tool to launch the Case Info Sheet in the Embedded Content pane
  • A button to select the point so the Case Info sheet would be shown in the embedded content would be nice.   
  • The "Move the tool" to the popup would not be needed if the above was possible

One other item which I don't think is possible but would be nice is to send other items to the embedded content.   We have another item that is conditional called Applicant's submittal and it would be nice to see it show up in the same embedded content window as the Case Info Sheet. I current have a hyperlink that displays if the Applicant's Submittal is available in a new tab.

This is my Dashboard.  Hope that helps.

Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS 

Thanks,

Mele

0 Kudos
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mele Koneya ,

So I think you can add a button to your pop-up that links to the "applicants submittal" and you simply control its visibility using a  simple Arcade expression based on your integer field. You should use a custom HTML pop-up and use "display:none" and "display:inline" to hide or show the button as explained here:  https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/arcgisonline/blog/2017/07/18/conditional-field-disp... 

I'm not sure if you can change the content of embedded content based on actions in other elements of the Dashboard. At least I don't see how this would be possible.

0 Kudos