Select to view content in your preferred language

Ability to reorder Feature Layers and Map Service Layers in AGOL

08-23-2023 11:52 AM
Labels (3)
AllisonTalsma
New Contributor II

AllisonTalsma_0-1692816337366.png

It would be nice to have a solution for this soon. ArcGIS Online restricts the options to move feature layers below a map service in a web map. 

Specifically the issue for me is I am using an MTO feature server layer and I was it to draw and be shown under our municipal owned datasets Map server. So staff can view the MTO regulated assets if needed but they aren't the main focus, Since the municipal assets are the main focus I need a way to be able to move the MTO feature services to draw at the bottom and NOT at the top?

I see this layer ordering request a few times in the Esri forum but no one has implemented it or gave a timeline as to when this feature is going to be available. I am adding this post to help boost the idea as this is just one example but I have many more where this is needed. Joined AGOL layers etc. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

The reordering of operational layers is supported in Map Viewer. Map Viewer classic will have the limitation you mentioned above.

Map Viewer showing map image layer(roads) over a feature layer (coffee cup symbol)

RussRoberts_1-1692888550688.png

0 Kudos
MeganMerkley
New Contributor II

Hi, I ran across this problem recently. When I pulled in my map/feature service into a map (Map Viewer), I was able to expand the group of layers and by clicking and dragging them out of the group, you can now rearrange them as needed. If you have a lot of layers, it may be time consuming but worth a try. Hope this helps!

0 Kudos