Select to view content in your preferred language

3D Cylinder objects much larger diameter when uploaded to ArcGIS Online

06-01-2022 06:16 PM
Labels (1)
JustinJohnston
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Everyone,

I have a problem whereby a cylinder object that looks just fine in ArcGIS Pro ends up way larger diameter after uploaded to ArcGIS Online scene.  I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.  I am trying to get the cylinders to look like bollards.  So they should be like a pipe sticking out of the ground in a parking lot.  See the comparison between what ArcGIS Pro shows vs what the online scene looks like.  The coordinate system is the same in both cases, everything is the same.  The bollards I made by having a point feature class and using the 3D Model Mark.  Display is in real world units with 1.5m height and 0.2 m for both x and y.  I get no errors or warnings when analyzing the layer before sharing.  

JustinJohnston_0-1654132292010.png

JustinJohnston_1-1654132333761.png

Any ideas how to make the cylinders look like actual bollards after sharing to ArcGIS online?

Cheers,

Justin

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
JustinJohnston

Update to this thread, I opened the file from ArcGIS Online in ArcGIS Pro and looked at the symbology for the cylinders there.  It is showing 1.5m for all three dimensions for some reason.  I have no idea how to fix that.  Can I make the adjustment directly in ArcGIS Online?

JustinJohnston_0-1654135883781.png

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you share the scene + layer?

0 Kudos
JustinJohnston

https://services9.arcgis.com/Bm9zPTPxtHlke2HC/arcgis/rest/services/DG_Online_Scene_WSL2/SceneServer

That is the layer.  I am not able to share the entire scene at the moment.

Cheers,

Justin

0 Kudos
JustinJohnston

Not sure if it matters, but when opening this layer from the portal tab in ArcGIS Pro, I get an error that scene layer is missing statistical information. Changing symbology or defining queries depend on statistics.  

Seems like if there might be a fix if I can correct the missing statistics?  How do I do that?

JustinJohnston_0-1654526508548.png

Cheers,

Justin

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

It looks like the SL has no fields which is why the layer is missing any statistics capability.  

Will need a sample scene just to double check it but do you know if the layer has this enabled under the layer settings in Pro before publishing?

RussellRoberts1_0-1654528994928.png

0 Kudos
JustinJohnston

I think you are right, but what is the fix?  Just add an attribute to the table for the layer, save and republish?  I am just making the bollards to make something look right, not really doing any analysis with them.  

Cheers,

Justin

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I think you can ignore the error then. Its really needed if you were going to do a class or types renderer where you would want that stat. 

0 Kudos
JustinJohnston

So, I just deleted that Bollard feature class from my GDB, created a new one that included a "Name" field, added points to my scene (there were only 4), fixed the setting to display in real-world units, set it to "on the ground", used the cylinder 3D model, put it 1.5m tall, 0.2m wide, and 0.2m deep.  Everything looked great in ArcGIS Pro again.  Shared to ArcGIS online and still are set at 1.5mX1.5mX1.5m, and also now for some reason, 2 layers are giving the error that "Scene service is missing root node".  I thought I had fixed that by making sure my multipatch feature classes were at an absolute height.  Guess it was random chance that they worked last time and not this time?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

root node error could be the Scene Layer was still being cooked. I would check the jobs pane in Pro. 

0 Kudos