User Management Member Profile Tagging

01-20-2019 08:02 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

I have an AGOL account that has a lot of members and they are all parts of different groups. When I only had 50 people on board, this was not a problem but as time has passed and I have added more and more people to the portal, the management is getting out of hand and when I have to port over a group of names to a collaborative partner from another organization, it is a real pain. I have tried using special naming conventions such as: userxyz_groupa as a means to easily manage but since there appear to be absolutely NO WILD CARDS when searching, that only provides visual cues. There is an easy way for this to be fixed in my opinion. If it is mandatory to #tag layers, apps, maps, etc, admins should be able to #tag a user. So, if I am entering a new user, it would be "johnnybananas" and I would tag that person with a "GroupA" or whatever works. When I have to search for people after the fact, I could simply type in "GroupA" in the filter field and all "GroupA" people would come up. I have even tried to use wildcards in AdminTools and get no love. 

I can't imagine that I am the only person having this issue. Help please!

IF THIS IS A DUPLICATE FROM SOMEONE ELSE, PLEASE FORGIVE ME....and if you can point me to that post.

2 Comments
MegHoole

Katie Cullen‌ we had a conversation about the need for this a year or two ago.  Katie are there any plans to add  a "sub-org/branch/department" field or something like that to the user profile?

It is possible to configure AGO groups to represent a users sub-org/branch/department.  This might meet your needs.  There is also a demo email utility app that you can use to communicate to members of groups.  I'm still hoping for esri to add this simple app as a standard feature of AGO for all users to use (not just admins).  AGOL Subscription Group Emailer 

LauraBowden

Absolutely agree that the ability to tag members (from an admin interface) would be hugely helpful. It is possible to assign member tags through the partner app, GeoJobe Admin tools (free version). However, that doesn't help much, because the next issue is that the search field in the organization's Members page doesn't recognize a "tags:" search. So even though I have created ways to "custom filter" my members, the tags are essentially useless. Would it be possible to add the ability to search members by tag?