Update Hosted Scene Layers

04-13-2018 06:19 AM
DirkSilbermann
Occasional Contributor II

Currently our Workflow to Update 3d hostet scene layer is as follows:

- upload new scene layer package or update an existing scene layer package

- delete old hostet scene layer (backup describtions/sharing etc.)

- public new hostet scene layer from uploaded/updatet scene layer package using the same name as the old hostet scene layer

- edit describtions and sharing ptions for the new hostet scene layer to be the same as the old layer.

That way all Scenes and apps using the hostet scene layer Link are updated.

However, this is not very streamline!

(In 2D are at least otions to update / overwrite web features services form arcmap/apro. I also found an describtion to update scene layers from feature layers with 3d symbols, however this is not preferable and might consume a lot of credits.)

Easiest way might be, just to update the hostet scene layer automatically, if the corresponding scene layer Package is updated. (Or put a button in the hostet scene layer to trigger updates, maybe even from another scene layer package, that way different versions could be maintained.)

If there are other ways to update hostet 3d scene layers, it would be nice to hear about...

12 Comments
JustinReynolds

Andrew,

Is there way to rebuild the cache using the python API?  I'm looking for way to automate this so that I can execute it as a part of a Task.  (Enterprise 10.7.1)

Thanks,

Justin

Andrew--Johnson

Hi Justin,

Unfortunately that is not possible with python API. I'll follow up with that team though to see when that might be coming.

thanks,

Andrew