Tag Management

07-22-2015 04:14 PM
GregBazhaw
New Contributor III
be able to manage tags for the organization. View all tags and delete or rename misspellings. We have many misspelled and retired tags, or tags used for testing, that need to be cleaned so users don't inadvertently use them or when you start to type a tag you don't get a long list of bogus out of date tags.
Tags (2)
7 Comments
NeillJobe
There are lots of Tag management capabilities in Admin Tools for ArcGIS Online, here is a link to the functionality matrix that shows you what all it can handle http://www.geo-jobe.com/admin-tools/

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
OliverSnowden1
+1.  It would also be great if tags weren't mandatory*.  The title should, of course, be searchable.

* it can be pull your hair out frustrating to define a "junk" tag each time.
SarahHollier

I would find something like this really helpful, its really hard to get a defined list of tags and be able to update the bad ones. Fingers crossed it is implemented one day!! 

DanielShaffer2

It seems crazy to me that I cannot simply list all tags in my Organization and Find/Replace/Delete bad tags. This should be a simple fix. Please address this ESRI!

BlakeBilbo

Hello Daniel, 

ArcGIS Administrators can do exactly this (even in bulk) in the FREE version of Admin Tools for ArcGIS Online:

Admin Tools for ArcGIS℠ Online

This is located in the Items Tools > Add Tags to Items and Remove Tags from Items. You can also filter all ArcGIS Content by tags, as well. We also have the capability to add and remove tags from groups AND users, too! 

Please feel to reach out if you have any additional questions. 

bbilbo@geo-jobe.com

Thanks!

AndrewZimba1

That's great for AGOL users.  What about Portal/Enterprise?  do these tools work there?

BlakeBilbo

Hello Andrew, 

Admin Tools for Portal does also have this functionality to manage tags, filter items users, and groups for bulk operations and functions similar to  Admin Tools Pro for ArcGIS Online. You can find more info for this product here, on our website:

Admin Tools for ArcGIS Enterprise Portal

I hope this helps answer your question.