Stream Service Layer Labels

06-17-2016 02:04 PM
RyanKelso
Occasional Contributor III

Please enable the ability in ArcGIS Online to create labels for features in a dynamic stream service layer, just like you can with other feature layers.

9 Comments
RyanKelso

Please enable the ability in ArcGIS Online to create labels for features in a dynamic stream service layer, just like you can with other feature layers.

nelsmickaelson

Not having the ability to label points from a streaming service severely limits the usefulness of this presentation option.  

nelsmickaelson

Not having the ability to label points from a streaming service severely limits the usefulness of this presentation option.  

HCCGISICT_

It would be useful if labels could be applied to streaming feature layers. Not having the ability to label points in a streaming service limits the effectiveness of this in our parking pilot dashboard. 

HCCGISICT_

It would be useful if labels could be applied to streaming feature layers. Not having the ability to label points in a streaming service limits the effectiveness of this in our parking pilot dashboard. 

RJSunderman

Praveen PonnusamyChris Whitmore

I know that ArcGIS Pro recently implemented support for stream layers. Check out their on-line help on this topic:  https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/mapping/layer-properties/stream-layers.htm

Does anyone know if there are plans to close functional gaps between the ArcGIS Pro implemenation for stream layers and the stream layer implementation used by the Enterprise portal web map and ArcGIS Online web map? The latter do not support feature labeling or attribute-driven symbology, but I believe these are capabilities supported by ArcGIS Pro.

RJSunderman

Praveen PonnusamyChris Whitmore

I know that ArcGIS Pro recently implemented support for stream layers. Check out their on-line help on this topic:  https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/mapping/layer-properties/stream-layers.htm

Does anyone know if there are plans to close functional gaps between the ArcGIS Pro implemenation for stream layers and the stream layer implementation used by the Enterprise portal web map and ArcGIS Online web map? The latter do not support feature labeling or attribute-driven symbology, but I believe these are capabilities supported by ArcGIS Pro.

AndrewRudin1

If it's not in there already, this is great time to add this ability into the new Map Viewer that's going into Beta.

Map Viewer Beta: Coming Soon 

I have been able to label stream layers in Pro, but the moment you publish the Pro map as a service to Enterprise, the labels no longer appear for the end user.  Last time I tried was Pro 2.3 and Enterprise/GeoEevent 10.6.1

AndrewRudin1

If it's not in there already, this is great time to add this ability into the new Map Viewer that's going into Beta.

Map Viewer Beta: Coming Soon 

I have been able to label stream layers in Pro, but the moment you publish the Pro map as a service to Enterprise, the labels no longer appear for the end user.  Last time I tried was Pro 2.3 and Enterprise/GeoEevent 10.6.1