Sketch Layer Notes

08-06-2021 01:20 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would like Sketch Layer Notes to be more readily shareable to and from non-ArcGIS Online users. With Map Viewer Classic, I could grab a public Map Notes layer, save it, & bring it into ArcGIS Pro easily. From there I could export to another format as needed, and an exported KML would show names and notes associated with the mark-up.

To replicate the same process with Sketch Layers, it appears I have to open the whole map (can't find a way to share it as a feature layer) and then when I do open the map in ArcGIS Pro, exporting it to a KML does not preserve either the names or notes. So, unless I'm missing an alternative, I'm requesting a feature update to get that functionality back. Until then, we'll stick with Map Viewer Classic.

Tags (2)
3 Comments
RussRoberts

This is on our road map for the New Map Viewer. Currently there is not Save/Copy layer support for any layer type but when we do add it Sketch Layers will be included.

Quick question:

How many features are you creating with your sketch layers? Are you primarily using the Stamps or a mix of Stamps, Lines and Polygons.

Thanks!

by Anonymous User

Hi Russell,

Thanks for the reply. I'm still in the implementation stage (hampered by the fact that I can't get a clear answer on whether Viewer licenses can make sketch notes that I can then harvest?). I expect that we will have fairly small layers with a mixture of points, lines & polygons. Of course, that will vary somewhat with the scope of the project. I expect that we will use these for project planning, so they certainly won't be massive datasets.

Thanks,

Brenna

RussRoberts

Sketch layers are supported on viewer accounts. This is the same for Map Notes Layers in Map Viewer Classic.