Setting up T-Marks for an on-line web application

01-05-2023 04:22 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

All local authorities are required to produce plans showing property ownership and T-Marks to identify the ownership of boundaries. Previously these tools were available in Productivity Suite and they are now available using ArcGIS Pro. (Although not as intuitive).

At Nottingham City, we are looking to provide an on-line web app to provide this functionality, however the functionality does not export across to either Portal or AGOL. There is no option to rotate either text or a point (T-marks can be created from a point feature class).

Creating ‘T’ Marks in ArcGIS Pro – Spatial Needs…. (wordpress.com)

As all local authorities have a a legal requirement to produce these plans, an on-line tool would help facilitate the production of plans without requiring the use of ArcGIS Pro for this one function.

3 Comments
RussRoberts

In Map Viewer you could set the T mark symbol as a web style and style that layer using the symbol in the web style. The one thing we don't have is a manual rotation on an individual symbol. The rotation is driven by an attribute value. Sketch supports using Text as a markup on the map and you could set a T for the Text used, pick a set font and then rotate the symbol to align like the doc you posted requires. The output would be this 

RussellRoberts1_0-1672925322162.png

A sketch is basic and really wont have a schema if that is a requirement. 

by Anonymous User

Thanks Russell

I've just had a look at both these options. We need an easy to use tool for our property colleagues. Am I correct in thinking that we would have to set up the parameters each time for the sketch tool?

We have saved the symbology as a web style but although we have a rotation field in the table, it would be easier to rotate in the web app instead of manually entering a rotation value.

Apologies if I have misunderstood your explanation and thank you.

RussRoberts

Yup, It sounds like using editor and have the layer setup to use the symbol with a webstyle would work best. You could use the Sidebar app with edit tools and then the points would rotate based on value inputted.