Save pop-up styles

06-05-2023 09:33 AM
DavidForbuss1
Occasional Contributor III

It'd be nice to be able to save a pop-up "style" and apply it to new maps.  For example, I have a map that is using a custom pop-up that is referencing 2 arcade expressions.  I have the feature layer that the pop-ups are running on inside other maps, and I'd like to propagate the pop-up with all of the settings, fonts, layout etc. into the other maps.

3 Comments
JonathanNeal

@DavidForbuss1 This is not your feature, but may be helpful:
In ArcGIS Pro, you can use Apply Symbology From Layer to transfer popups. (doc link https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/tool-reference/data-management/apply-symbology-from-layer.h...) Note, that other layer properties are also moved, so may not be an ideal fix.  When the layer is published, the popup's are transfered.

DavidForbuss1

Thanks @JonathanNeal !  I typically create my webmaps fully within the AGOL interface, but I'll try using ArcPro for my next one.  I've just taken to copying the expressions into a text file and migrating them to the new maps.  The hard part is bouncing between maps to be sure the new popups match the other maps'.

DylanKennard-tt

For sure want this too. I visualize it as a bunch of items called "Arcade Functions" and "Arcade Expressions". 2 different library concepts. Then when I edit and attribute in smart forms I have a Custom Library to pull from. Apply the same code to 50 layers and 5 attributes is 150 times. Fix/find a bug....oh boy that is a lot of changes!

CustomFunctions.PNG