Replace hosted vector tile layers in ArcGIS Online directly without republishing a new vector tile layer to ArcGIS Online

08-12-2021 07:57 AM
AspenN
by
Occasional Contributor

Currently, when a hosted vector tile layer in ArcGIS Online needs to be replaced, the original creator has to publish out the updated content as a new hosted vector tile layer with a different name. Then, the Replace Layer option can be used to pull the updated content into the original layer with the original content ending up in an Archive layer or the content is simply swapped between the two layers. It would be nice if there is an option to simply overwrite/replace the hosted vector tile layer without having to go through the process of publishing the updated content into its own layer and then using the Replace Layer tool. This would save time when updating the hosted vector tile layers (especially since our organization has quite a few that have to be updated on a frequent basis). It would also save space in ArcGIS Online as new layers would not have to be created every time there is an update.

1 Comment
by Anonymous User

Literally going through the same problem on my end. Also replace layer does not work smoothly for me sometimes and it has been failing the past few times leading me to generate new layers and break my itemIDs/urls with my Webapps