Remove thousands separator in a field in ArcGIS Online in the Pop-up as well as the Edit dialogue

11-01-2016 06:51 AM
DamonPettitt
Occasional Contributor

So currently you can remove the thousands separator for number fields in ArcGIS Online by configuring the Pop-up for that field.  But when you edit a feature in ArcGIS Online that has this same field, the thousands separator appears and it can be confusing for the editors.  I would like a way to hide the thousands separator in this Edit dialogue as well.

It would also be nice if the number formatting that you can establish in ArcGIS Desktop, at the time of the service publishing, would carry forward into ArcGIS Online.  In other words, if you aren't showing the thousands separator in ArcMap for that field, can that carry through all the way to ArcGIS Online?

12 Comments
JorgBeijers

has this change still not been implemented in arcgisonline?

PatrickMcDonald2

Unchecking the 'Use Thousands Separator' box works most of the time in ArcGIS Online.  If it doesn't work in your case, I rely on a failsafe Arcade expression:

Text($feature.ACQUISITION_YEAR,'####')

I only use the Arcade expression for popups and labels, etc.  I still keep the value as a NUMBER for calculations if necessary.   

More info: https://developers.arcgis.com/arcade/function-reference/text_functions/#text

Also, calculating a new string field from a number field using Arcade or SQL is a possibility, but why add to database size?