Publishing Annotations to ARCGIS Online

08-15-2018 05:49 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Could you please work on allowing users to publish annotation feature class to ArcGIS online?

40 Comments
KoryKramer

Tyler, not available yet to publish to ArcGIS Online.  You should get an error 24035: Layer type is not supported for web feature layer—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

I'm checking internally to see if we have any update on this Idea's status.

by Anonymous User

You can add annotation layer into ArcGIS Pro that is saved locally but you cannot make changes in ArcPRO.

And, yes we would love to be able to publish annotation to AGOL and modify it using web maps/ web apps, however it is not currently supported.

I hope this becomes available soon.

by Anonymous User

You can add annotation layer into ArcGIS Pro that is saved locally but you cannot make changes in ArcPRO.

And, yes we would love to be able to publish annotation to AGOL and modify it using web maps/ web apps, however it is not currently supported.

I hope this becomes available soon.

KoryKramer

The ArcMap feature classes would need to be upgraded to edit in Pro: Annotation—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Note that the upgrade is in-place to make a copy first and upgrade the copy to test.

KoryKramer

The ArcMap feature classes would need to be upgraded to edit in Pro: Annotation—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Note that the upgrade is in-place to make a copy first and upgrade the copy to test.

by Anonymous User

Yeah.

I was referring to Dimensions Feature Class.

Sorry.

by Anonymous User

Yeah.

I was referring to Dimensions Feature Class.

Sorry.

KoryKramer

Dimensions is coming in Pro 2.3 to be released in January.  The model is similar to annotation in the sense of having to upgrade any existing ArcMap dimension feature classes to Pro dimensions.

KoryKramer

Dimensions is coming in Pro 2.3 to be released in January.  The model is similar to annotation in the sense of having to upgrade any existing ArcMap dimension feature classes to Pro dimensions.

TylerLarson

Thank you both for the information!