Publishing Annotations to ARCGIS Online

08-15-2018 05:49 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Could you please work on allowing users to publish annotation feature class to ArcGIS online?

40 Comments
by Anonymous User

Could you please work on allowing users to publish annotation feature class to ArcGIS online?

KoryKramer

I understand that the idea to to publish to ArcGIS Online.  I just want to make sure that others who find this idea understand that this is currently supported for ArcGIS Enterprise: What’s New in 10.6 – Annotation Layers 

KoryKramer

I understand that the idea to to publish to ArcGIS Online.  I just want to make sure that others who find this idea understand that this is currently supported for ArcGIS Enterprise: What’s New in 10.6 – Annotation Layers 

TylerLarson

Is this capability available in ArcGIS Pro and if so at what version?  If not what version can we expect this functionality to be in place?

TylerLarson

Is this capability available in ArcGIS Pro and if so at what version?  If not what version can we expect this functionality to be in place?

by Anonymous User

You can import annotation from ArcMap, but cannot be edited yet in ArcPro.

by Anonymous User

You can import annotation from ArcMap, but cannot be edited yet in ArcPro.

TylerLarson

Thanks Christy, I'm not sure what you mean by "cannot be edited in ArcPro yet.  Do you mean annotations cannot be published from Pro to AGOL yet? Or that published annotation layers from Pro cannot be edited in AGOL?

TylerLarson

Thanks Christy, I'm not sure what you mean by "cannot be edited in ArcPro yet.  Do you mean annotations cannot be published from Pro to AGOL yet? Or that published annotation layers from Pro cannot be edited in AGOL?

KoryKramer

Tyler, not available yet to publish to ArcGIS Online.  You should get an error 24035: Layer type is not supported for web feature layer—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

I'm checking internally to see if we have any update on this Idea's status.