Select to view content in your preferred language

Move search tool upfront and easily accessible in Map Viewer, just like it was in Map Viewer Classic

08-19-2022 10:15 AM
ChrisMiller_AK
New Contributor III

Please consider moving the location of the current Search Tool back to where it's always been. I can't tell you how many complaints we receive from our users (internal and public), who can not find the search tool. People use our maps to find items of interest, why it was decided to bury the Search Tool is baffling to me  No other web map experience (Google, Bing, Apple, OpenStrees..etc) de-emphasizes the ability to search for items of interest. 

Using a simple web app is not an option for us. Our organization chose to utilize the Web Map Viewer as our main template and has done so since the ArcGIS Server .net web application was replaced by AGO Map Viewer.  We've found that using the Map Viewer as our template allows for consistency and allows users to become proficient with available tools.  

Maybe adding an option in the map settings that allows you to choose where the Search Tool is located could be added. 

Please stop hiding the Search Tool in AGO Web Map Viewer

3 Comments
RussRoberts

Thanks for the feedback! we do have plans to make these tools more accessible and top level planned for this fall release.

ChrisMiller_AK

awesome....that's very good news! 

AnnyaCamykal

Thanks for adding this I too did not understand why the search tool is buried in the bottom.