Movable popup window in ArcGis Online

10-22-2012 04:35 PM
EricSvensen
New Contributor II

The popup window in arcgis online cannot be moved.  It often pops up in a location that won't allow me to see the feature.  It would be useful to be able to move it out of the way.

Tags (1)
91 Comments
lleveen_alum
  • Oh my gosh, how has this not been implemented yet? It seems like such a basic need folks might have. Please add this!
FelixMcCarthy01

Please make this a priority.  It's the biggest complaint from my app users.

DunlevieT

Can this be implemented? Nearly 10 years since the first post !

LynnZhang2

Hope both Enterprise ( portal) and ArsGIS on line has this function.  The popup box can be moveable. User can drag and move around to where fits. What more, the size of the box can be adjusted in the APP builder. If we have lot of information, we can have a ever bigger bigger pop up box frame.

Thank you,

FionaRenton1

To be honest, I will be surprised if they do implement this. A non moveable fixed popup is more accessible (WCAG standards)  for screen readers via tabbing. I don't know if this is possible in a movable popup. 

LynnZhang2
Our office strongly asked for this feature. Pop up is very useful. We have a large pop up, but block all the content/map under it. It is very desirable if users can click the pop up box and drag it to move into location 1,2,3, 4 or a location whatever is convenient to them.

We plan to put more information on the pop up., and hope the pop up box can change accordingly or use can drag to change it.

Thank you, ESRI.

Much appreciated…

FelixMcCarthy01

There was an ESRI App in the past that gave you the option to make the pop up a content panel that docked in the upper right corner of the map instead of a pop up window that obscured the feature you were looking for info on.  It was a java scrip API - one of the canned instant apps.  I can't find the instant app anymore so I think it went away.  But I still have apps I have built with it being used.  I'd like to see this option available in Web App Builder so at least you have the option to have the Pop up Panel instead of a pop up Window.  Here is the General config tab for an app I'm using where you have the option.  So it was available in the past......

pop up options.jpg

BarryG
by

I have just started looking into this issue as well. I found this:

How To: Enable drag function on an infoWindow pop-up in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (esri.com)

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000015175#:~:text=How%20To%3A%20Enable%20drag%20functi...

which appears one needs the Developer Edition to complete, correct?

LynnZhang2
This one only applies to the developer’s version.

PaulCyr1

This seems like a simple request that I know all our users would like too, I should also mention that I am disappointed that the pop-up window is still not movable by default in 2024.