More robust editing capabilities in ArcGIS Online web map

05-13-2015 11:31 AM
RoyceSimpson
Occasional Contributor III

Would love to see two key editing features added to ArcGIS Online edit sessions:

• Be able to snap to other features in other layers.  For example, I'm digitizing in "closed road" lines.  I'd like to be able to snap to existing roads that are in my road centerline layer in the web map.
  • Be able to copy features from a layer to my edit session layer.  For example, I'm digitizing in "closed road" lines.  I'd like to simply select a road in my road centerline layer in the web map and paste it's geometry into my edit layer.
4 Comments
NiekGoorman1
I'd like to add to this that my users regularly ask me about the ability to split a polygon into two. Simple copy/paste functionality is high on the list as well.
CoryCampbell1
Yes, ability to select one or more features (geometries) from one map/feature service and paste it into another feature service is very desirable! For example, I don't want users to digitize polygon boundaries if those boundaries are available from another hosted service. Preferably, this could be made available as a widget with Web AppBuilder.

Ideally, attributes would also copy over provided the field names/types are identical (or provide interface menu to match fields as with feature load function).
by Anonymous User

+1 for split a polygon into two, and to merge two or more polygons into one

MichaelBerzinis1

These capabilities exist in the Web AppBuilder edit widget.  They arent great - and merge is called "Union".