Select to view content in your preferred language

Filter Pop-up Attachments by File Type or Value

01-08-2024 04:53 PM
RoryMcPherson
New Contributor III

I think it would be useful to be able to to filter attachments by file type, or even based on values such as file names, within the web map pop-ups settings. I use Survey123 for a lot of field activities and these features often have many photos, as well as a signature attachment. Recently I have created an automated workflow to re-attach reports generated from Survey123 to the feature record, allowing for users to retrieve any report from any record at will. However, this report can become lost amongst the (sometimes) dozens of photos that are attached. Ideally, when configuring pop-ups it would be useful to create a second attachments content item that I could filter to only include the report (a word document in this case) that I could separate from the photos (and signatures) and make more easily accessible to users. I have played around with Arcade and have been able to return things from attachments like file extension types and file names, but there is no configuration options that currently support filtering which attachments are included in a pop-ups attachments. As another example, while signatures are great for reports they are not as relevant in pop-ups, and I have noticed this to be a particular annoyance when using Instant Apps such as Attachment Viewer as it can become littered with dozens of signatures that serve no benefit in this context. Perhaps this is more of a nice-to-have, but in terms of the usability of my dashboards and map's pop-ups I would find this very beneficial.