Select to view content in your preferred language

Disabled member accounts still consume a User Type entitlement! Please change this.

02-09-2023 03:32 PM
GISAdminSHN
Regular Contributor

When an admin disables a member account, the User Type should be returned to the available pool. This is an absolute no-brainer in my opinion.

When admin tries to re-activate an account, if there are no available User Types in the pool, simply give them an error pop-up and the account stays disabled. If there are available User Types, prompt them to select one (also give option to cancel and remain disabled if they don't see one they want to assign.) If they select one, re-activate member account and apply User Type.

Your welcome.

1 Comment
GISAdminSHN

Just a quick followup: it is my understanding from ESRI support that a User Type is currently a requirement of the account creation process, hence why disabling the account does not free up the Type, because the account is still present. A couple of solutions with varying degrees of difficulty:

1) Create a hidden User Type that is only assigned to disabled member accounts at the time they are disabled. You may choose to have this be a limited or unlimited number. If limited, when an admin has already disabled the max number allowed, they get a message that they have too many disabled accounts. (For my small company 3-5 would be a good max, but larger companies would probably appreciate more)

2) Create a "Maintenance Account" User Type to satisfy the assignment prerequisite for member existence. This can be a limited number or unlimited. When an admin disables an account it automatically switches the assignment to this user type. Main difference from option 1 is that admins could also use this user type to create new accounts but there would need to be a single compatible Role created for the User Type that has all the permissions turned off, including logins.