Configuring Web Map Search

12-07-2018 05:42 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can you please allow users to configure web map search like you can in web app builder and on top of zoom and pan option add option to select the data you are searching for using attribute values. Same thing would be a great add on to collector application and operations dashboard search.

3 Comments
ScottPrindle

Hello Christy Steffke,

Thank you for submitting this idea! It looks like you're asking for the ability to search through your feature layers based on attribution, is that correct? If so, this is already possible with some configuration:

ArcGIS Online: Configure Feature Search

Collector for ArcGIS: Configure search

These are settings in the web map which allow you to specify how a user in the field will be allowed to search in the app. If this doesn't fully cover all of your needs relating to searching, let us know!

Thanks,

Scott

by Anonymous User

Thank you.

AllenDailey1

Hi Scott Prindle,

I would like to configure a feature search, like what is outlined in the "Configure Feature Search" page you linked to, but I would like to allow users (in Operations Dashboard) to search features that are in a related table that does not have geopoints.  Only layers with geopoints are available in the list of choices for configuring a feature search in a web map.

My web map and dashboard basically show locations/points where people are, and the data is collected through Survey123.  The geopoints are in the main part of the survey, but the people's names are in a "repeat" question in the survey, so the names go into a related table.  My goal is to allow dashboard viewers to search by typing in part or all of a person's name and then to see where the person is on the map (or to at least filter a list widget on the dashboard).

Do you know if there's any way to make this work?  Thank you!